Welcome to Scropple!
Where finding the best scoring words for Wordfeud, Scrabble, and Lexulous is as simple as it gets!
This small web site will let you calculate all the different possible words and their score on standard Wordfeud, Scrabble , and Lexulous boards. Just type in the letters you have, place existing tiles on the board below and press the button!
We currently support English, Swedish (Svenska), Norwegian (Norsk), and Danish (Dansk).
NEW: We’ve released another site Upperct.com (2013-06-27)
Aren’t you tired of not being able to find new Youtube videos easily? We were, so we hacked together a new site for discovering the latest fun, interesting and crazy Youtube videos. It’s very easy to use and works great when you want to take a break or get an audience for a video that you have posted on youtube. Check it out and tell us what you think: https://upperct.com/
Skillbird, the Poker player tool finally open to the public! Skillbird.com (2013-03-19)
The poker tool we have been working on for a while now, Skillbird. is like a mix of Instagram and other poker tools. It has been in closed beta for quite some time and we are happy to finally release it to the public. If you’re into poker, why don’t you give it a try? Go here and register. Yes, it’s completely free. And don’t forget to tell us what you think!
New: Danish Wordfeud! Also some miscellanous bug fixes (2011-10-11)
We have now added a Danish Wordfeud dictionary, big thanks to Mötz for this! We have also fixed some bugs relating to the points in the other dictionaries. The Android App is still currently in the works, so let’s see how that pans out.
[Ooops! Your web browser doesn’t support Java. Please read the instruction below!]
Important Note: You need to have Java installed for your browser. If you do not see a playing field above this sentence, you will have to download and install Java in order to use Scropple. You can find instructions and the download here: http://www.java.com/getjava/
- Type in the tiles you have on your rack in the text box. Use an ASTERISK (*) to indicate blank tiles.
- Choose the dictionary you want to use. There are currently two English and two Swedish dictionaries available.
- If you want to place tiles on the playing field, click on it and start typing. Move around with the ARROW keys or by clicking with the mouse. Use SPACE to change from horizontal to vertical typing and vice versa. Clicking with the mouse on the cursor marked tile will also do the same thing. Delete tiles with the BACKSPACE and the DELETE keys. Use SHIFT + letter to indicate blank tiles that have been placed on the board.
- Click the “Calculate!” button to start calculating the possible words. Note: the calculation may take a lot of time on older computers. This is especially apparent if you are using blank tiles. If you are using TWO blank tiles, prepare for some heavy computations which may take a lot of time, memory and CPU power.
- When the calculation is finished, scroll around in the list to see the words and their respective score.
HELP! The Application Freezes and/or behaves in unexpected ways!
This software is considered to be in a beta stage. This means that it most certainly contains bugs and errors. One possible cause is that the Java Applet is running out of memory. We therefore suggest that you increase the amount of memory that can be used to 256 Megabytes (“-Xmx256m”) or more. Duckware has a good guide on how to do that available on their website which can be found: HERE
If that doesn’t solve the problem, you can contact us at the mail address given below.
FUN PLACES TO PLAY SCRABBLE -ish GAMES ONLINE
Lexolous (previously Scrabulous) is a great place for play against other people. You can play both on their web site and through their Facebook plugin.
Wordfeud is a cool Scrabble-like game for iPhones, iPads and Android phones. Play against others while you are on the bus, on the lunch break or. Even at a boring party (don’t forget to hide your phone, though!)
Betapet is also a neat site for online play. They have both an English and a Swedish version of what they call a “Scrabble inspired game”.
Remember! If you are using Scropple to cheat your friends, you are a dishonest person. This tool is meant for practice use only.
QUESTIONS, SUGGESTIONS, AND BUG REPORTS
Once again, this software is considered to be in a so called beta stage. This means that it probably has bugs and errors. Please send an e-mail to bugs
Found a typo or bad grammar? Send a mail to: speling
Scrabble is a registered trademark by Hasbro Inc. in the USA and Canada, and in the rest of the world by Mattel. This web site has no affiliation what so ever with either organisation. The solver for Swedish Wordfeud uses the DSSO word list which is Göran Andersson and is licensed under Creative Commons. Göran, we agree on your Wordfeud dictionary stance.
Copyright 2007-2011 by scropple.com. All rights reserved.