Open an Account
Before opening an account with Rietumu Bank
- We recommend visiting Rietumu Bank personally: Although this is not required, we believe that nothing can replace a personal meeting, and the procedure of opening an account will be much more simple. You are welcome to schedule a meeting in advance. Latvia is an EU Member state, and direct flights to Riga are easily available from most European cities.
- There is a one-time account opening fee for any Private or Business bank account.
- Every current account opened in Rietumu is multi-currency, allowing to hold any currency, including euro.
Documents required for legal entities :
- Original company incorporation documents, including e.g. Incorporation Certificate, Articles of Association, Bylaws etc.
- Documents, confirming the authority to open and manage company accounts e.g. a Power of Attorney, Extract from the Enterprise Register, Resolution, Minutes etc.
- ID documents: a valid passport or National ID card.
- Documents, confirming the beneficial ownership.
- For companies incorporated more than a year ago: Certificate of Good Standing, certified by the Apostille.
For companies incorporated outside Latvia, the information concerning the Apostille, legalization and notary certification of the company documents, is accepted and analyzed on the individual basis depending on the jurisdiction.
For opening a corporate account, legal entities (companies, corporations) registered in the US should meet the following criteria .
Find out more about documents required to open a corporate bank account:
Documents required for private individuals :
- Identification document: a valid passport or National ID card.
When visiting the Bank for opening an account, residents of the countries with which Latvia maintains a visa regime require to present a travel document with entry stamp.
Find out more about documents required to open a private bank account: