#cloud #based #security
Cloud-Based Storage Collaboration Service at UVA
Terms of Service Notice on Box Logins [6/6/17]
An update to the UVA Box Login page on June 6, 2017 has triggered a “terms of service” acceptance notice. All UVA Box users will need to review and accept the terms of service to resume use of this service. If you are a user of Box apps such as Box Sync, Box for Office, or Box mobile apps, please review and accept the terms of service in order to continue use of these applications and restore connectivity to UVA Box content. Click the “Accept” button to proceed to use UVA Box as usual.
UVA Box is a cloud-based storage and collaboration service that gives eligible members of the University community the ability to access, store, and share up to 1 TB of non-sensitive/moderately sensitive University files securely anywhere, anytime, on any device.
What UVA Box Offers: Features of the UVA Box Service
- Simple, intuitive way to store lots of files online 1 TB/user!
- Access your files via computer, smartphone, mobile device
- Send large files quickly,without emailing large attachments
- Share and collaborate with colleagues both inside and outside the University
- Auto-sync, commenting, customizable permissions, version history, and online editing functionality all available
- University-sanctioned and centrally-supported place in the cloud for your University files containing not-sensitive and moderately sensitive data
- Meets the security needs and contractual requirements of higher education
- Granular security controls enabling you to choose exactly who you want to share content with and how
- Single sign-on convenience and security behind NetBadge
UVA joins many other peer institutions like Carnegie Mellon, Yale, Cornell, and the University of Indiana in offering Box to our University community. Over 80% of Fortune 500 companies also use Box.
Box is unique among cloud service providers in that it meets the security needs and contractual requirements of higher education institutions. and is part of the Internet2 NET+ Services program, which provides services specially priced for nonprofits and higher education institutions.
Details/Quota of UVA Box
- How much space: 1 TB
- Cost: Free (all fees paid by ITS)
- Available to: Current Agency 207 faculty or staff and degree-seeking UVA students (see eligibility info )
- For how long: as long as you are at UVA .
- Usage:Not appropriate for certain types of data, including highly sensitive data (see UVA Box User Responsibilities for more info); and federal/state laws and UVA information policies apply.
- Apps available for: Macs, PCs, iPhones, iPads, Androids, BlackBerries, Windows Phones, and more! View the complete list of Official Box Apps .
- OS, browser notes: Support for IE 8, 9 and 10 browsers ends on Sept. 1, 2016; support for Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) ends for Box Sync and Box Edit on Aug. 1, 2016. ITS support of Mavericks ends on Aug. 1, 2016.
No critical ITS system problems are known at this time.