#online #programming #schools
Online Computer Programming Languages Certificate
- Regionally Nationally Accredited
- Low monthly payments
Learn computer programming and take the first step to a technology career with nearly endless possibilities. Penn Foster Career School’s Computer Programming Languages Certificate program covers a variety of topics, such as Introduction to Programming, Microsoft Access, Programming in Java, and Visual Basic. You ll gain experience with real programs used in the technology field today all on your own time, in the comfort of your own home. And you can complete this program in as little as four months.
With supportive instructors and a career-focused curriculum, Penn Foster Career School offers an ideal learning environment for those who want to learn about computer programming. This program can help you take the first step towards a new career as a computer programmer, website or software developer, or database manager.
Program Goal and Outcomes
The Computer Programming Languages Career Certificate program provides students with a background in programming and logic, Microsoft Access and Visual Basic, and Java to help prepare them for entry-level positions as a computer programmer, website or software developer, or database manager.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Create loops; create, search, and sort arrays; create modules and hierarchy charts
- Use Boolean expressions, validate input
- Design graphical user interfaces
- Create new Access databases, create forms and reports, sort and filter your data with queries, analyze your data
- Use the Java programming language to program applets and create animations and graphics for use on the Internet
- Use Swing components and create Java programs using layout managers
- Apply Visual Basic programming algorithms and data structures to solve real-world problems
- Apply object-oriented programming concepts to create new code libraries and use existing code libraries
- Design a complex user interface for a Windows Forms application
This course concentrates on the basic guidelines and best practices for developing good programming skills.
- Learn the basics of computer programming and logic.
- Understand the basic logic common to all programming languages.
- Learn how to create your own programs.
- Use Boolean expressions.
- Create loops and arrays.
- Design graphical user interfaces.
Textbook:Programming Logic and Design
This course provides an introduction to Visual Basic.
- Use Visual Basic to create computer programs.
- Write programs to solve real-world problems.
- Understand flowcharting.
- Understand the stages in the development life cycle.
- Create a Windows Forms application.
Textbook:Beginning Visual Basic
As you know this is an online academic program. This means you will need high-speed internet access to begin your program. In addition, you will need access to a Microsoft Windows based computer running Windows 7 or later, Microsoft Office 365, and an email account to participate in and complete your program.
We reserve the right to change program content and materials when it becomes necessary.
Microsoft, Windows, Access, and Visual Basic are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation registered in the United States of America and/or other jurisdictions.
Java is a trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
To view a Computer Programming Languages sample lesson, click here.
Computer Programming Languages Program Details
Penn Foster Career School can help you gain the knowledge and skills relevant to a career in the computer programming field, like simple and complex database solutions, programming in Java, and Visual Basic .
State Licensing Information
Licensing and/or certification requirements for jobs in this field are not the same in every state and may include educational, testing, and/or experiential requirements beyond those offered by your Penn Foster Program. You should contact the state professional licensing board or similar regulatory body in the state(s) where you plan to work to determine their requirements before enrolling in your Program. Please click here for contact information for state licensing/regulatory boards and certain industry licensing information.
Here are a few qualities that skilled computer programmers have in common:
- Analytical: You use logic and careful analysis to solve a problem.
- Problem solving: Finding the missing piece can be challenging and rewarding.
- Detail oriented: It’s important to have a sharp eye and check things twice.
- Persistent: Obstacles are part of the job and not a reason to become frustrated.
I would highly recommend this school. The tuition is very low, and there are no specific deadlines for your assignments. The school allows you to work at your own pace, and transferring credits from other schools is simple.
– Bradley S. Penn Foster Graduate
I am so happy that I made a career change with the help of Penn Foster. Penn Foster makes it easy, and they are always supportive and encouraging to you. Whenever I had a question, I just gave my instructors a call, and they were very helpful and easy to talk with. The online testing made it convenient, and my shipments always arrived right on time.
– Christina R. Penn Foster Graduate
I have had great feedback from my employer after my training from Penn Foster. I have also had other job offers. The knowledge that you learn is priceless. Penn Foster is an excellent school.
– Kenny B. Penn Foster Graduate
Your program includes:
- Customized payment plans with 0% interest
- Learning aids
- Goal-setting and progress-tracking tools
- Instructional support from our experienced faculty
- Access 24/7 to Penn Foster s online community. plus immediate membership in the Computer Programming Languages Certificate academic group
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
Does The Computer Programming Languages Certificate Program provide any access to software?
Yes, students will be able to download Microsoft Visual Studio software with the program.
The completion of a certificate-level program does not typically qualify a student for employment. Completion of this program may assist students who have previous academic or work-related experience improve their chances for promotion or entry-level employment.