online teaching jobs
TutorVista offers a unique opportunity to work from home and earn a corporate salary by utilising your time and skills. At TutorVista –
- We provide flexible, practical and value added solutions to students everywhere.
- We deliver results by constantly taking the initiative.
- We focus relentlessly on student’s requirements.
- We act quickly and decisively – Speed is of the essence.
Tutor students whenever you want from wherever you are. With an online teaching job, you get to do what you enjoy doing – teaching and sharing your knowledge with students online. We are dedicated to continuous improvement which is reflected in our leadership in operations, implementation, technology and quality standards. We are hiring qualified and committed tutors. If online teaching interests you, come and grab an exciting work opportunity with TutorVista! Join us and work with immense possibilities for career advancement.
Requirements of an Online Tutor
- Be a post graduate in your subject
- Work for minimum 4 hours a day
- You need to have a computer and a Broadband connection
- Learn new tools and technologies that are being used in online teaching space
Job Benefits for an Online Tutor
- Working from a convenient place of your choice
- Attractive compensation package
- Flexible schedule
- Breakthrough technology for teaching
- Ability to improve your communication and tutoring skills
Sign up with us now and start earning at your convenience.
Read what some of our Tutors have to say about working with TutorVista
- Ramya Tadikonda – Algebra, Chemistry and Physics Tutor
Working from home as an Online Tutor is such an awesome experience. I am thoroughly enjoying this job. The job gives me utmost satisfaction provides ease of access. Moreover, I find the students who use TutorVista so motivated, ready to learn and enjoy how easy it is to use.
Having more than 8 years of teaching experience I wanted to help HG1 AND HG2 students struggling in mathematics. Most students need help in Math and helping them understand the core topics is quite a challenge. In the end, what makes me really happy is when the student understands the solutions to math problems and enjoys learning the subject.
I feel proud to be associated with TutorVista it is more like family to me. Being a freelance tutor I enjoy working at my preferred time not having a fixed schedule. It amazes me as to how technology helps an individual bring out his/her potential and be an excellent teacher. Besides tutoring students I get to learn so much more from them. I would recommend this company to everyone. Overall, i cannot express how excellent the tutoring experience has been so far.
I have been a part of TutorVista.com for over a month and a half. Thus far, this is the best company I have ever worked with. Teaching is my passion, and the company has allowed me to share the gift of knowledge with different students. During the short stint, I have found TutorVista.com to be the best platform for online tutoring. If you want a satisfying and realistic paying job, I suggest you sign up now.
1. You are hiring tutors for what subjects and grades?
TutorVista is currently recruiting tutors for Math, English, Statistics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology streams. However, you can apply for other subjects also and we will get in touch with you in case we have a requirement at a future date.
Our tutoring covers all grades from the Kindergarten to the undergraduate level. We have vacancies across all grades and subjects.
2. Can we work part-time and in flexible hours?
Yes, we have openings for both part-time and full-time tutors. We are currently offering you the choice of working for 4 to 9 hours a day. These hours are pre-scheduled and committed and cannot be done on a freelance or ad hoc basis. With prior notice, you can change the timings/subjects to suit your availability.
3. What is the average session duration and do I get the same student every time?
Normally the sessions are of 45 minutes duration. Usually for each subject, the student will get the same tutor. Only when the tutor is not available, we schedule the student with a different tutor. This ensures continuity for the student as well as the tutor and makes learning more effective.
4. What are the disadvantages or problems with this job?
- Most of the teaching happens during evening/night time hours – US and UK timings.
- Tutoring is a serious activity and requires commitment. We do not have openings for ad hoc or floating tutors.
5. What are the minimum qualifications/Experience/Skills required?
We expect tutors to have a Master’s degree in their subject and some experience in teaching. For certain grades and subjects a graduate degree in the subject and an additional degree in education also will be accepted. We may take exceptional candidates with a strong academic record, especially Engineers, as trainee tutors without prior teaching experience. Familiarity with computers and good English communication skills are mandatory.
6. What is the computer specifications and connectivity I need to become an online tutor?
- High speed Internet access (ISDN, DSL, a cable modem or faster connection)
- Windows PC with Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher
- At least 256mb RAM, and a Pentium 3 or faster processor
- Speakers and a microphone (or headset and microphone, speakers)
- Microsoft Word
- Digital Pen and Pad
7. What are the duties and responsibilities of a tutor?
- Understand the student’s needs and objectives
- Prepare a personalized learning program with the help of TutorVista tools and resources
- Provide quality online tutoring to all students using all the tools and your own skills and knowledge
- Be well-informed with TutorVista policies and the code of conduct
- Participate in the TutorVista training and development sessions
- Read and respond to all communication from TutorVista
- Be available at the agreed times for sessions and inform in advance in case of any change in availability
- Work on building a world-class service offering with the TutorVista team
8. What type of training will I receive?
You will receive training on computer usage, technology tools used for online tutoring, basics of online tutoring, communication skills, familiarization of TutorVista content and methodology and the US curriculum and syllabus for various grades. The duration will vary depending on the training needs but will typically span over 7 days covering 35 hours of work.
There will be trial sessions with our trainers and other tutors