New Zealand Travel Guide and Information
Welcome to New Zealand’s comprehensive online travel guide.
If you are thinking of travelling to New Zealand we can help provide you with all the information you need to know before you get here. From visa information and exchange rates, to which side of the road to drive on and what time of year New Zealand seasons occur, New Zealand Travel Guide has the information you need.
Browse through the links below, or use the navigation to the left to go directly to the New Zealand region you are interested in.
- Getting to New Zealand Information about New Zealand as a holiday destination, how to get here, time differences and a world map.
- Regions of New Zealand – Find information on New Zealand’s 28 major regions. Main centre’s, attractions and places to visit.
- Passports and Visas – Information on passports, visitor’s visa, study and work visas, immigration and vaccinations. Links to related New Zealand services for more details and applications.
- Arrivals and Departures – Where are New Zealand’s International gateways? Plus information on arrival cards, customs, duty free goods, departure tax, agricultural restrictions, quarantine and other prohibited items. Links to New Zealand Government services for more advice.
- Exchange Rates and Money – Currency, exchange rates, banking, tips and service charges, goods and services tax (GST), how much does it cost?
- Health, Medical and General Insurance – General insurance and safety, health and medical advice, accident compensation scheme, accident advice for visitors and safety precautions.
- Road Information – International driving licences and permits, New Zealand road safety and driving distances chart showing time and km/miles.
- Visitor Services – Visitor information network, Qualmark accommodation ratings, Internet cafes, tourist FM radio, disabled facilities.
- Utilities and Holidays – Information on electricity (voltage), public call phones, mobiles and laptops, public and school holidays.
- Entertainment – General business hours and what you can buy. Information on New Zealand’s unique range of food and wine and our vibrant night life.
- Climate – Temperature chart and seasons. Information on what to wear and when (recommended clothing).
- Natural Environment – Geography and environment information, flora and fauna and New Zealand’s natural heritage. Find out what makes New Zealand so special.
- People and History – Information on population, language, early settlers, the treaty of Waitangi, our economy and government and all about Kiwis.
- Frequently Asked Questions – Answers to all those burning little questions about travelling to New Zealand.
- Useful Links – A variety of useful links.